The Clock is Ticking: When It’s Time to Get Transmission Repair
Your primary task is to drive your vehicle, not worry over the workings of each component. Even so, nearly every driver knows that without your transmission, you aren’t going to get very far. Failure to address transmission problems promptly leads to poor performance and the likelihood of even bigger issues. Worse, it can leave you stranded with no transportation to get to work, school, or even to buy groceries. Before your transmission deteriorates, have the certified technicians at Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care in Wilmington, NC, properly diagnose and repair the problem.
You Know It’s Time When . . .
You know that you must keep your vehicle’s transmission in good working order. How do you know when you should visit a certified technician for repairs?
Here are some signs:
- Your auto goes in and out of gear independently (without your control). That’s a sign that the transmission needs repair because it can’t maintain the appropriate gear. More importantly, it’s a safety hazard for you!
- If the auto unexpectedly lurches forward or suddenly loses forward momentum in an intersection, it increases your chances of being involved in a crash. Your car or truck hesitates, delaying its movement when you put the vehicle in gear. If not remedied immediately, the characteristic high engine revving as gears shift can cause additional trouble.
- You hear grinding gears. A noisy shift between gears may be your car asking for more transmission fluid, but it could also signify a bigger problem, such as chipped or broken gears.
- You notice the tell-tale signs of a transmission fluid leak. A drip or puddle of reddish fluid underneath the vehicle will signal to have a professional check your transmission for leaks.
- You smell a burning odor when changing gears, particularly in a manual auto. This could be the scent of scorching that results from low, aging, or incorrect transmission fluid, or it could point to the need for clutch adjustment or repair.>/li>
Beating the Buzzer Before Time Runs Out
If you enjoy sports, you probably know the thrill of beating the buzzer. It’s equally important to seek transmission repair before time runs out for your transmission. Let the experts at Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care in Wilmington, NC, help.